www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Patrick A Linstruth <patr...@QNET.COM>
Subject Re: config/2777: unable to open a file descriptor above 15, you may need to increase the number of descriptors
Date Thu, 06 Aug 1998 21:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/2777; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Patrick A Linstruth <patrick@QNET.COM>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: config/2777: unable to open a file descriptor above 15, you
 may need to increase the number of descriptors
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 14:20:18 -0700 (PDT)

 It looks as though Configure thinks BSDI doesn't have setrlimit, so this
 function isn't called in ap_init_virtual_host.  This may also be a problem
 with Solaris.

 It would also seem that Configure for Apache 1.2.4 thinks BSDI has
 setrlimit, which is why running out of file handles is not a problem
 under that version.

 I will post another entry as soon as I've confirmed the above.

 --
 Patrick A. Linstruth
 Quantum Networking Solutions, Inc.

 (805) 538-2028