www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rick McIntosh <r...@kbkfinancial.com>
Subject mod_access/2787: Wil not process .htaccess files in document directories.
Date Wed, 05 Aug 1998 17:03:43 GMT

>Number:         2787
>Category:       mod_access
>Synopsis:       Wil not process .htaccess files in document directories.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Fails to process and require access information as set forth in .htaccess file. Seams to ignore
the .htaccess file completely. I have verified annd conf files  are correct by running them
on Linux box. Works correctly on Linux however AIX just ignore the access information. Same
 htdoc files work correctly with AIX using Apache 1.2.5 release.
>How-To-Repeat:
Install 1.30 or 1.3.1 on AIX and try to use .htaccess for valid user.
>Fix:
No idea. The mod_access is being compiled and linked. No idea why the file is being ignored.