www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From c...@apache.org
Subject Re: general/2763: More suggestions, really: I've not discovered anywhere else for them
Date Sun, 02 Aug 1998 14:34:10 GMT

Synopsis: More suggestions, really: I've not discovered anywhere else for them

State-Changed-From-To: open-suspended
State-Changed-By: coar
State-Changed-When: Sun Aug  2 07:34:09 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:

The announcements list has over 10K subscribers.  We don't
want to make it any easier for spam trollers to subscribe
themselves to the list.  We've a mixed bag of mailtos and
non-mailtos; we should probably review the situation.

As for bundling the bug script: For one thing, doing that
would not keep you in synch with the latest version of it.
For another, if you're offline, how would your report reach
us?  And for a third - the killer - the script needs to
be on the same system as the bug database, since it frobs
it directly.

These are definitely things worthy of some further thought,
so I'm suspending this PR for later consideration.  Thanks
for the note, and for using Apache!

Synopsis-Changed-From: More suggestions, really: I've not discovered anywhere else for them
Synopsis-Changed-To: mailto tags and bundling bug report script
Synopsis-Changed-By: coar
Synopsis-Changed-When: Sun Aug  2 07:34:09 PDT 1998