www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Houdlershaw <softw...@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk>
Subject os-irix/2742: error message "semget: no space left on device" Server won't start
Date Thu, 30 Jul 1998 11:19:49 GMT

>Number:         2742
>Category:       os-irix
>Synopsis:       error message "semget: no space left on device"  Server won't start
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Hi, we've had this problem a couple of times now. After starting and stopping
the apache server a few times we get the error message (in error_log)
"semget: no space left on device" and the apache server won't start.  The only
solution has been to reboot the machine (not ideal).
>How-To-Repeat:
problem seems to be hardware/OS related as the same code runs fine on
our dec alpha. Starting and stopping the apache server a few times seems to
cause the problem.
>Fix:
sorry, no idea, semget is something to do with semaphores (according to the man
pages) but I'm no unix guru.