www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@hyperreal.org
Subject Re: mod_proxy/2731: Proxy server process using incorrect IP intermittently when accessing other virtual servers.
Date Wed, 29 Jul 1998 05:33:16 GMT
Synopsis: Proxy server process using incorrect IP intermittently when accessing other virtual
servers.

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Tue Jul 28 22:33:15 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
This is related completely to your OS; Apache does not
specify any source address for the connections, but lets
 the OS pick the one it wants to.  That is the correct thing
for Apache to do.

It is not unexpected that when connecting to another interface
on the same machine the OS should pick that address as the
source.  There have been some issues with Solaris 2.6 and
picking which address to use, and I think there is a ndd
setting that can tune it, but I'm not sure what it is offhand.

Maybe ip_enable_group_ifs, and there may be a patch or two
related to it.  2.6 attempts to "load balance" traffic
to interfaces on the same subnet by randomly picking a source
address.