www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/2714: Command line option '-?' doesn't work.
Date Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2714; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Youichirou Koga <y-koga@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/2714: Command line option '-?' doesn't work.
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:42:36 -0700 (PDT)

 On 27 Jul 1998, Youichirou Koga wrote:

 > Command line option '-?' doesn't work. If you run with '-?' option, error message is
printed.
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 > Run httpd with '-?' option.

 What do you mean by "error message"?

 I get:

 httpd: illegal option -- ?
 Usage: 1.3/src/httpd [-d directory] [-f file]
                      [-C "directive"] [-c "directive"]
                      [-v] [-V] [-h] [-l] [-S] [-t]
   -d directory     : specify an alternate initial ServerRoot
   -f file          : specify an alternate ServerConfigFile
   -C "directive"   : process directive before reading config files
   -c "directive"   : process directive after  reading config files
   -v               : show version number
   -V               : show compile settings
   -h               : list available configuration directives
   -l               : list compiled-in modules
   -S               : show parsed settings (currently only vhost settings)
   -t               : run syntax test for configuration files only

 Which gives the exact output that you want from -? except for the first
 line saying "illegal option" which is arguable.  I think that is by
 design.