www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andreas Muck <a...@koala.rhein-neckar.de>
Subject Re: config/2654: APACI autoconfig generates broken Configure.apaci
Date Sun, 26 Jul 1998 22:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/2654; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andreas Muck <andi@koala.rhein-neckar.de>
To: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@engelschall.com>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/2654: APACI autoconfig generates broken Configure.apaci
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:58:06 +0200 (MEST)

 On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

 >Why your /bin/echo is used instead of the internal one is not known to
 >me.

 Because my /bin/sh != /bin/bash and it doesn't have an internal `echo'.
 But even if I used bash, the builtin `echo' is still broken.

 >But we have a problem.  I've tried to fix it in the configure script but
 >want another guy to review it under other platforms before I commit for
 >Apache 1.3.2. I append you the fixed "configure" script below. Please
 >copy it over your configure script from 1.3.1 and try again. And then
 >please give immediately feedback. Thanks.

 root(ttyp9):/usr/src/apache_1.3.1 # ./configure
 Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.1
  + Warning: Configuring Apache with default settings.
  + This is probably not what you really want.
  + Please read the README.configure and INSTALL files
  + first or at least run './configure --help' for
  + a compact summary of available options.
 ./configure: echo -E: command not found
 ./configure: echo -E: command not found
 [and much more of those]

 >OIFS="$IFS" IFS='
 >'
 >for rule in `grep '^Rule' $src/Configuration.tmpl`; do
 >    rule=`$ECHO "$rule" | sed -e 's/^Rule[ ]*//'`

 As far as I could tell it happens here (and further on) because $IFS
 doesn't include the space character anymore.

 Andi