www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Horst Weber <web...@forwiss.tu-muenchen.de>
Subject Re: general/2701: Test launch of apache fails with fatal ld.so error
Date Fri, 24 Jul 1998 18:00:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2701; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Horst Weber <weberh@forwiss.tu-muenchen.de>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/2701: Test launch of apache fails with fatal ld.so error
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 19:54:53 +0200 (MET DST)

 After compiling all modules static I successfully launched the daemon,
 browsed through the docs -- AND FOUND IT!!

 So, for the next updates:  Please add the remark from the file "dso.html"
 that "some systems require --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE" also in the
 README.configure and/or INSTALL files!

 After doing this, Apache works with DSOs for me... :-)

 So, it seems that Solaris 2.6 requires this, but configure does not know
 about it...

 bye...
        Horst.