www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brent York <y...@indipro.com>
Subject other/2695: Broken directory structure
Date Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:32:59 GMT

>Number:         2695
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       Broken directory structure
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
My directory exists as /usr/local/etc/apache, I put in ./configure --prefix =/usr/local --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc/apache

(because httpd exists in /usr/local/sbin so the prefix is /usr/local and my config files are
in /usr/local/etc/apache. I also tried /usr/local and /usr/local/etc as the sysconfdirs.)
Unfortunately it tacked on /etc/apache again to the end of the sysconfdir. When I use /usr/local
it tacks on NOTHING, and when I use /usr/local/etc it tacks on apache/apache.... ... It got
so bloody annoying that I finally just made /usr/local/etc/apache/etc/apache and symlinked
the conf files.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Make sure nothing is appanded to the sysconfdir variable if there is a / after it. Document
that feature. Infact, that should be done for all variables =}.

I might hack the script later and retarball the dist for archiving (we archive all our current
software source). If I do so then Ill be happy to email you the new script for testing.