www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jochen Staerk <black...@gmx.net>
Subject mod_cgi/2694: cgi parameters do not work
Date Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:30:21 GMT

>Number:         2694
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       cgi parameters do not work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
refering to PR#2294 apache for windows has had problems with envirolment-variables(REMOTE_ADDR,
REQUEST_METHOD, REQUEST_METHOD); although in at least REMOTE_ADDR seems to work in my release,
my perl does not receive any command-lines (or as you call it, searchstrings) of $ENV{"QUERY_STRING"}.
>How-To-Repeat:
write a cgi print $ENV{"QUERY_STRING"}; and call the_cgi_file.cgi?with_an_parameter
>Fix:
the problem might be connected with the the windows wildcard function of ?; or ? is not the
"official" way to call parameters (although Sambar Server (www.sambar.com) works with it fine)