www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: config/2685: ./config.status doesn't work
Date Fri, 24 Jul 1998 07:34:59 GMT

Synopsis: ./config.status doesn't work

State-Changed-From-To: feedback-closed
State-Changed-By: rse
State-Changed-When: Fri Jul 24 00:34:58 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Sure, config.status doesn't provide --recheck.
But we nowhere said it does. Our configure stuff
follows GNU Autoconf for _most_ of the options and
behavior but _not_ for all.

Especially --recheck is not supported because it's the
default here. Why? Because we don't have the situation where config.status
just re-substitutes files. It always is just a wrapper
to produce the latest "configure" command. We don't
use config.status for direct re-substitution. So
just don't use --recheck and all will work fine.
Sorry for this confusion but when you read the INSTALL
file carefully you notice that our configure stuff
is only Autoconf-*STYLE* for most of its options
but not really Autoconf-based.