www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From laurent DUBUC <laurent.du...@gemplus.com>
Subject config/2664: Syntax error at line 23 of file 'access.conf'
Date Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:51:37 GMT

>Number:         2664
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Syntax error at line 23 of file 'access.conf'
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I've successfully passed the 3 steps of the V1.3.0 Apache's installation :
   ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bin/apache
   make
   make install
As said at the end of the installation phasis, i've tried to test my server by
first checking my configuration files - it's OK ! - and then sending the
command :
   /usr/local/bin/apache/sbin/apachectl start
at that time, i've got the error message :
   Syntax error on line 23 of /usr/local/bin/apache/etc/access.conf:
   Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>
   /usr/local/bin/apache/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

The starter finds an error on something right, the saw is exactly the same
that the expected !!

I've first commented the pair <Directory /> ... </Directory> found at line 23
but the same error has been deplaced at line 53, then i've checked the good
number of that pair, it's Ok.
Finally, i've checked the file's right and used the 'access.conf.default'
file without anymore success.