www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Thomas <wol...@mpath.com>
Subject mod_include/2657: FollowSymLinks not allowed in DirectoryMatch directive
Date Wed, 22 Jul 1998 00:19:43 GMT

>Number:         2657
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       FollowSymLinks not allowed in DirectoryMatch directive
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The documentation indicates the FollowSymLinks option can be used with
<Directory> but not with <Location>. This would suggest to me that it should
work with <DirectoryMatch> and not <LocationMatch> It does not, in fact, work
in either.
>How-To-Repeat:
Attempt to add FollowSymLinks to the Options list inside a DirectoryMatch.
>Fix:
Allow this option inside a DirectoryMatch, or update the documentation to
reflect this behavior. I prefer the first option, as I believe others would too,
or the requirement of FollowSymLinks in a directory would severely hamper
the usefulness of the DirectoryMatch directive.