www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From johnny best ...@rockr.com>
Subject general/2647: perl modules in httpd.conf prevent startup
Date Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:39:51 GMT

>Number:         2647
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       perl modules in httpd.conf prevent startup
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
All attempts to add lines to httpd.conf result in:

Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration.

Same lines (e.g. PerlModule Apache::AuthenCache) work
fine in Apache 1.2.5.  What's going on here?  I noticed
PR #2347 (still open after a month and a half) was
getting same message.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
How about some documentation somewhere about
"server configuration" related to mod_perl.
I've used every search engine I know and
I'll be damned if I can find anything.