www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From William Bardwell <wbard...@platinum.com>
Subject pending/2640: LoadFile is sort of useless, since symbols aren't global
Date Sat, 18 Jul 1998 08:10:21 GMT

>Number:         2640
>Category:       pending
>Synopsis:       LoadFile is sort of useless, since symbols aren't global
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
atleast on Solaris, dlopen(X, RTLD_NOW) means that the symbols aren't viewable
from other things which are dlopen-ed.  This means that LoadFile can't be used
to load shared libs that a module you are going to LoadModule in...so it is
sort of useless...
>How-To-Repeat:
Well...I cause it by trying to write a module in C++, which needs the C++ lib
to be loadable...but you should be able to look at the issue with-out repeating
it...
>Fix:
I just changed the dlopen flags to be RTLD_NOW|RTLD_GLOBAL, and it fixes
things.  (might be more appropriate to only do that for LoadFile and not
LoadModule, or make it an option for both.)
Not sure what the dlopen symantics are on other platforms...