www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Elliott Martin <elli...@london.codemasters.com>
Subject mod_rewrite/2621: strcat() on line 3197 does not take four parameters.
Date Wed, 15 Jul 1998 10:57:46 GMT

>Number:         2621
>Category:       mod_rewrite
>Synopsis:       strcat() on line 3197 does not take four parameters.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
strcat() on line 3197 of mod_rewrite.c is programmed to take four parameters.  Under Microsoft
C strcat() can only take two parameters.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile the file using VC++ 5.0
>Fix:
I know a fix has been suggested for this using strcat() twice to successively concatenate
the strings on top of each other, but I think it would be neater (and possibly more efficient)
to use sprintf() instead:

sprintf(pCommand, "%s /C %s", SHELL_PATH, cmd);

This keeps it all in one statement on one line and (possibly) reduces run-time overhead very
slightly (excuse me if the only advantage is programming style). :o)