www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brock Massel <...@tryllium.com>
Subject config/2616: conf files do not override default directories for all files in etc and log dirs
Date Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:54:22 GMT

>Number:         2616
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       conf files do not override default directories for all files in etc and
log dirs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Apache exits with error code 1 after startup if the configuration directory has been changed
form the default.
Errors are logged to logs/error_log :
	[Tue Jul 14 15:20:12 1998] [error] (2)No such file or directory: httpd: could not open mime
types log file /usr1/home/wbm/project/conf/mime.types.

the listed directory "conf" is never referenced in any ".conf" file

Similar problems occur if the default "logs" is changed.

>How-To-Repeat:
Copy the default configuration from an installed apache 1.3.0 etc directory
Edit conf files to reflect your current location. I used relative directory notation where
possible.
Start apache with the -f parameter pointing to the http.conf file that has been moodified.
>Fix:
work around: change the name of the configuration and logs directory to the default "conf
and logs"