www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-solaris/2609: exits with "Too many open files; unable to open a file descriptor above 15"
Date Tue, 14 Jul 1998 17:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/2609; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Jon Pyle <jon.pyle@capitalradio.co.uk>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/2609: exits with "Too many open files; unable to open a file descriptor
above 15"
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:02:18 -0700 (PDT)

 On 14 Jul 1998, Jon Pyle wrote:

 > >Environment:
 > Solaris 2.5.1 (sunos 5.5.1) with all sun's recommended patches
 > Compiled using Gcc 2.7
 > Apache refuses to open the first CLF transfer log it comes accross,
 > citing a lack of FD's (15 max).

 How many total logfiles is it trying to open?  How many error logs?  How
 many access logs?

 How many "Listen" directives do you have in your config file?

 What does a "ulimit -n" show before you start Apache?

 Did you compile your previous server with any special flags to make it
 work?

 What is the _exact_ error that you get?

 > >Fix:
 > Have looked at the source but cannot pinpoint the cause, is somewhere in the
 > code underlying "ap_open_piped_log()" I think.

 Are you using piped logs?