www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jason Riedy <...@cise.ufl.edu>
Subject Re: suexec/1905: Allow modules to set user:group for execution.
Date Mon, 13 Jul 1998 03:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR suexec/1905; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jason Riedy <ejr@cise.ufl.edu>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: suexec/1905: Allow modules to set user:group for execution.
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:39:42 -0400

 To lessen the changes between versions (if y'all aren't interested
 at all, tell me, and I'll stop bugging you), I'm converting this to
 store the username and groupname in notes.  If both the notes are
 there, they're used as suexec arguments.  It won't be tested for
 a week or two, but it'd not a difficult change.

 And I'd still like to see syslog logging in the official suexec
 (suexec/921).  It's rather dangerous not to have it.

 Now if I can just get around to adding an environment variable
 to perl to trigger -T...

 Jason