www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/2600: Minor problems with NameVirtualHosts
Date Mon, 13 Jul 1998 00:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2600; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero@microsoft.sucks.eu.org>
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: general/2600: Minor problems with NameVirtualHosts
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 17:09:07 -0700 (PDT)

 On 12 Jul 1998, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

 > Hello,
 > I've seen two minor problems with NameVirtualHosts:
 > - If I say "ServerPath /something", then telnet into port 80 and
 >   request GET /something, I get a message saying the document moved
 >   permanently to http://myip/something rather than the index.html file
 >   for the server. http://myip/something (obviously) returns a message
 >   saying it has moved permanently to itself.

 I can't reproduce this.  Are you _sure_ it isn't redirecting you to
 /something/ ?  There is a big difference between /something and
 /something/

 > - UseCanonicalName On is ignored for NameVirtualHosts.

 What do you mean?  Are you setting UseCanonicalName off in your main
 server config then setting it on in a vhost?  Please give an example
 config along with what requests you are trying and what you expect.  It
 works fine for me.