www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <b...@microsoft.sucks.eu.org>
Subject general/2600: Minor problems with NameVirtualHosts
Date Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:52:33 GMT

>Number:         2600
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Minor problems with NameVirtualHosts
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hello,
I've seen two minor problems with NameVirtualHosts:
- If I say "ServerPath /something", then telnet into port 80 and
  request GET /something, I get a message saying the document moved
  permanently to http://myip/something rather than the index.html file
  for the server. http://myip/something (obviously) returns a message
  saying it has moved permanently to itself.
- UseCanonicalName On is ignored for NameVirtualHosts.
>How-To-Repeat:
By using a similar setup - the computer I'm testing this on is not
yet connected to the net.
>Fix:
Not yet - maybe later.