www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ronald Joe Record ...@sco.COM>
Subject Re: os-sco/2533: Apache 1.3.0 won't build with Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) support
Date Wed, 08 Jul 1998 22:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-sco/2533; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ronald Joe Record <rr@sco.COM>
To: rse@apache.org
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org, apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-sco/2533: Apache 1.3.0 won't build with Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) support
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 13:51:59 -0700

 Thanks for accepting the patches necessary to get Apache to
 build with DSO support on SCO OpenServer. I'll try to explain
 the need for additional patches.

 First, a kernel bug in OpenServer 5.0.0 and 5.0.2 made it
 necessary to build Apache with USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT.
 That bug was fixed in 5.0.4 and a patch made available for
 5.0.0/5.0.2 systems. Further, i have created an installation
 script which detects what release you are installing on and
 whether you need to apply the "Network Maintenance Supplement".
 Therefore, i can now build Apache without the
 USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT which gets me much better performance.
 So, as long as you get Apache for OpenServer from _me_ (that is,
 the SCO Skunkware CD-ROM or web site), you're ok. If you build
 it yourself, you'd better know whether you need to apply the
 appropriate support supplement.

 Second, you were right, i was able to remove the find-dbm-lib
 patch and successfully build Apache 1.3.0. Forget that patch.

 Third, i still find the addition of "-lx -ltinfo -lm" to be
 necessary on OpenServer. It's no doubt a bug or at least
 incorrectly documented, but any time -lprot is used you also
 need -lx and -ltinfo to get nap(), cur_term(), setup_term()
 and others. I've informed our development system guys and
 this may be fixed in a later release but for now these libs
 are necessary. FYI, libx is the SCO Xenix enhancements which
 have been carried forward since time immemorial while libtinfo
 is the terminfo library. It looks like libprot is supposed to
 setup its own curses stuff but isn't built correctly.

 To summarize, i believe the patches i submitted for src/Configure
 and src/include/conf.h are appropriate.

 Let me know if you need further details,

 Ron Record
 rr@sco.com

 re: