www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: config/2566: cleaning of Configuration fails
Date Wed, 08 Jul 1998 18:00:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/2566; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Jonathan Louie <tenchi@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: config/2566: cleaning of Configuration fails
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 10:50:19 -0700 (PDT)

 On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Jonathan Louie wrote:

 > > What version does "sed -V" report?  What Linux distribution are you using?
 > >
 > > Are you _sure_ it isn't something else wrong?  Can you try downloading the
 > > source from http://www.apache.org/dist/ again and very carefully try
 > > compiling it without changes?
 >
 > sed -V reports gnu sed 2.05.  i believe we're using redhat linux.  i would
 > reinstall, but this _is_ a fresh copy of apache.  and, it seems to be
 > working with that line commented out.

 You don't have to reinstall, just try compiling again, both so you can be
 sure it wasn't some freak thing and so that you can show the exact errors
 it gives.

 The line in question works just fine for me on a Red Hat system using the
 same version of sed, and no one else has reported a problem with it, so we
 really can't do anything about it without further information... removing
 it isn't an option unless we know why it is causing problems.