www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: config/2548: apache and php3 both supply an strerror on a system without one
Date Wed, 08 Jul 1998 17:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR config/2548; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com>
To: marcs@znep.com (Marc Slemko)
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: config/2548: apache and php3 both supply an strerror on a system without one
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:24:57 -0400 (EDT)

 Yes, this is the proper solution. My only area of "concern" was avoiding
 any more such conflicts and doing these "all at one go". The best,
 general fix is to have Apache just use ap_ functions totally and
 just #define them when Apache provided ones aren't needed. That's
 why I wanted to wait to see what Rasmus et.al. decided because
 ideally all this should be provided by Apache to all modules.

 Of course, even with all this, PHP should use the Apache version
 if it's being built as a module and it's own if not. So the problem
 still exists, somewhat, no matter how we fix it on this end.