www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/2563: First httpd process seems to die.... (fwd)
Date Wed, 08 Jul 1998 17:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2563; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/2563: First httpd process seems to die.... (fwd)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 21:56:24 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 15:47:30 -0400 (EDT)
 From: netvirtu@letterman.adgrafix.com
 To: marc@hyperreal.org
 Subject: Re: general/2563: First httpd process seems to die....

 Marc,

 I apprecaite your quick reply...   I guess this just won't work then,
 because my monitoring software can't just monitor a pid, it's a wrapper
 that sits around whatever daemon it is suppose to be monitoring......  If
 you've got any suggestions in this regard I'd love to hear them,
 essentially our HA software needs to be able to start/stop and control
 the service that is running because when it goes down it attempts to
 restart it X number of times and if it is unsueccessful it physically
 reconfigures the interface on another machine and decommissions it from
 the failed server and attempts to restart it there...

 - Greg S.