www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Randy Jae Weinstein <rw...@is7.nyu.edu>
Subject Re: mod_auth-any/2439: NonCached Name/Pwd's
Date Tue, 23 Jun 1998 15:39:34 GMT
Marc --

According to:
	www.apache.org/perl/dist/apache-modlist.html

there is a AuthExpire (Expire Basic auth credentials) by DougM
and on...

	www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/
			        Apache/Apache-AuthenCache-0.01.readme

there is a PerSetaVar AuthenCache_cache_time which will also expire
euthentication name/pwds.  Since I can't seem to locate the earlier of the
two I emailed the author about it.  However... You claim you can't expire
authentication info as this is a client feature not one of the server.
Then I'm confused as to how the above work?  Why can't THIS be included in
Apache??  HELP!!!!!!!

> Synopsis: NonCached Name/Pwd's
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
> State-Changed-By: marc
> State-Changed-When: Sat Jun 13 22:26:17 PDT 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
> There is no way Apache can tell the client not to cache
> the information.

                                                   Cheers,
 =|  __  __    T    |                              Randy Jae
  *--\ \/ /--* O  A |                                 Lehigh University
--==>> http://Pages.NYU.EDU/~rw263/