www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: config/2421: problem specifying ndbm library for build ?with autoconfigure
Date Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:56:33 GMT

Synopsis: problem specifying ndbm library for build ?with autoconfigure

State-Changed-From-To: open-suspended
State-Changed-By: rse
State-Changed-When: Mon Jun 29 04:56:32 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
You're right, the CFLAGS for the compiler
are constructed _after_ the first TestCompile
is run. I tried to fix it in src/Configure but
there is no chance, I think. Because the CFLAGS are
set inside Makefile.config from which TestCompile
wants to use it. But this is done a lot of time
later in the processing. Just shuffling around
the sections in src/Configure leads to new problems
as I see other dependecies there.

So seems like I've to say: Sorry, it cannot  be
fixed in Apache 1.3.1's src/Configure mechanism
because of too much other internal dependencies.
We have to suspend this problem in the hope
that we recognize the problem for Apache 2.0 again
and can do it better....