www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Rob Nelson <ronel...@vt.edu>
Subject general/2520: error ".//apachectl start:httpd could not be started
Date Sun, 28 Jun 1998 14:52:21 GMT

>Number:         2520
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       error ".//apachectl start:httpd could not be started
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When I run apachectl start, it reports that httpd cannot be found. I editted the script
and changed the error messages it echos until I found which one it was triggering, and
it reported that httpd could not be found. However, httpd does exist, and in the
directory that it is pointing to. I even went so far as to replace $HTTPD with the
full path, and it still gives the error.