www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Wensong Zhang <wens...@iinchina.net>
Subject mod_proxy/2506: I added an excluding function in ProxyBlock directive
Date Fri, 26 Jun 1998 02:45:40 GMT

>Number:         2506
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       I added an excluding function in ProxyBlock directive
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
After I set up Apache HTTP mirror site by using of apache program, I found many
users who use it not as the mirror site but as a proxy server, that is not what
I want. So, I checked the apache manual and the ProxyBlock directive, but it can
only block several sites or block all sites, the directive is as follows
	ProxyBlock     foo.com   www.bar.com
   or
	ProxyBlock     *
>How-To-Repeat:
It just doesn't have an excluding function in the ProxyBlock directive.
>Fix:
It can't block all sites excluding some sites, so I added several lines of
codes into apache proxy module and the ProxyBlock directive work as follows
	ProxyBlock	 domain.com !www.domain.com ...

For example, my Apache http mirror uses the following statement
	ProxyBlock	*   !www.apache.org

Please add my patch (http://proxy.iinchina.net/~wensong/apache/ProxyBlock.patch)
into the apache program to let others to share it if possible. To apply patch,
	cd <apache 1.3.0 directory>
	cat ProxyBlock.patch | patch -p1

Thank you,

Wensong