www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From George Ellenburg <...@sundial.net>
Subject config/2505: Error in running sh config
Date Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:55:59 GMT

>Number:         2505
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Error in running sh config
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
./configure --enable-shared=remain --enable-module=most --enable-mdule=auth_db --disable-module=auth_dbm
--add-module=../apache-fp.130.b/files/mod_frontpage.c --enable-shared=frontpage --enable-suexec
--suexec-caller=${www} --suexec-userdir=${public_html}

Produces the following output:
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.0
 + on-the-fly added and activated frontpage module (modules/extra/mod_frontpage.o)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 + enabling mod_so for DSO support
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for BSDI platform
Unrecognized switch: -V:cccdlflags.
Unrecognized switch: -V:lddlflags.
Unrecognized switch: -V:ccdlflags.
 + setting C compiler to gcc

** WARNING: We have no explicit knowledge about shared object
** support for your particular platform. But perhaps you have
** luck: We were able to guess the compiler and linker flags
** for creating shared objects from your Perl installation.
** If they actually work, please send the following information
** for inclusion into later releases to new-httpd@apache.org or make
** a suggestion report at http://www.apache.org/bug_report.html:
**     PLATFORM=i386-whatever-bsdi
**     CFLAGS_SHLIB=
**     LDFLAGS_SHLIB=
**     LDFLAGS_SHLIB_EXPORT=

** FAILURE: Sorry, no shared object support available.
** Either compile all modules statically (use AddModule instead
** of SharedModule in the Configuration file) or at least provide
** us with the appropriate compiler and linker flags via the
** CFLAGS_SHLIB, LDFLAGS_SHLIB and LDFLAGS_SHLIB_EXPORT entries
** in the Configuration file.

>How-To-Repeat:
I'm following the steps as outlined in:
   http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp/#C

Compiling the FrontPage Module for all supported Unix O/S systems

1. Retrieve the following

a. apache v1.3 sources
b. latest FP Extensions

Visit either the Microsoft web site or the RTR web site to download the latest FrontPage Extentions.

c. latest apache-fp port from the above site

ftp www.westbend.net
get /pub/apache-fp/apache-fp.130.tgz

2. Extract the sources & scripts

tar -xvzf apache-fp.130.b.tgz
tar -xvzf apache_1.3.0.tar.gz
cd apache_1.3.0
tar -xvzf ../fp30.<OS>.tar.Z frontpage/version3.0/fp_install.sh
tar -xvzf ../fp30.<OS>.tar.Z frontpage/version3.0/change_server.sh

3. apply the patches from the apache-fp port to the apache sources

patch < ../apache-fp.130.b/patches/patch-f?

NOTE: only the patch-f* series of patches are required, the pathc-a* series are *BSD specific.

>Fix:

>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

--GME

4. Edit the suexec.h file (optional, required only if using suexec)

vi src/support/suexec.h

Set the following defines to these values:

#define DOC_ROOT "/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
#define SYSTEM_CGI "/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin"

and save the file.

5. run the configure program.

configure --enable-shared=remain \
                --enable-module=most \
                --enable-module=auth_db (1)\
                --disable-module=auth_dbm (1)\
                --add-module=../apache-fp.130.b/files/mod_frontpage.c \
                --enable-shared=frontpage

NOTE 1. You may need to reverse the enable/disable of auth_db/dbm.  [GME: I've tried it both
ways]
            2. If you wish to compile & install suexec, add the following options

                --enable-suexec \
                --suexec-caller=${HTTPD_USER} \
                --suexec-userdir=${USER_DIR}

where HTTPD_USER is the user the server runs as, and USER_DIR is the location of users home
pages (i.e. public_html)

           3. add any other additional options to set up the server for your environment.

6. build & install the apache server