www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Toni Harbaugh <harba...@ncifcrf.gov>
Subject os-windows/2496: ScriptAlias directive doesn't work (but Alias directive *does* => workaround)
Date Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:54:56 GMT

>Number:         2496
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       ScriptAlias directive doesn't work (but Alias directive *does* => workaround)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
To get around the problem I reported in PR# os-windows/2495, I first tried
to make a ScriptAlias directory without spaces in the path.  Unfortunately,
according to the ErrorLog, Apache ignored my ScriptAlias directive and
kept right on trying to run the script from the default cgi-bin (whose
ScriptAlias was still in the srm.conf file, along with the new one I had
set up).

I got around the problem by using the Alias directive (which works... why?)
instead, and specifing 'Options ExecCGI' in the <Directory> spec.
>How-To-Repeat:
Set two ScriptAlias directives in srm.conf:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin/"
ScriptAlias /morecgi/ "D:/morecgi/"

Make a second copy of the
<Directory "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin">...</Directory>
section in access.conf and the name of the directory in the copy to
"D:/morecgi"

Put a cgi program in there, and try to access it.  Look at the ErrorLog.
>Fix:
No, Although I wonder why the Alias directive works and the ScriptAlias
directive doesn't since the logic is similar.