www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Wayne Louis Hoyenga <lo...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject os-irix/2469: apache daemon doesn't start, semctl(IPC_SET): Bad address
Date Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:40:44 GMT

>Number:         2469
>Category:       os-irix
>Synopsis:       apache daemon doesn't start, semctl(IPC_SET): Bad address
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Release:        1.3.0
>Environment:
Operating System:  IRIX montana 6.2 03131015 IP22

Compiler: gcc 2.8.1
I'm not getting a core dump.  I've compiled the source code and built a binary.

When I run the binary either alone or via -apachectl-, the message

semctl(IPC_SET): Bad address

appears in the error log and the server just quits.

I'd be happy to give you whatever information you need to try to track this
problem down.