www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <ian...@iname.com>
Subject os-windows/2467: Windows/Linux startup/shutdown different behaviour
Date Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:15:16 GMT

>Number:         2467
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Windows/Linux startup/shutdown different behaviour
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
During Startup and Shutdown, when Apache initializes modules, he works differently under Win32
and Linux.
My module has only 2 functions: module_init(...) and module_cleanup(...).
In module_init() I placed a call to ap_register_cleanup(...) for module_cleanup(). Il both
modules I added a log call via ap_log_error(...) and my own log via fopen(...) fprintf(...)
fclose(...).
Under Linux everything works right, when I look at error log I see the calls to mod_init(),
mod_cleanup() two times, one of the first startup procedure (call it "Defensive Programming"
-said Brian- ) and one for the actual -running- startup.
Under Win32 the log says:
mod_init() called
mod_init() called
mod_init() called
three times (yes) with no cleanup... under my own log I see:
mod_init() called
mod_cleanup() called
mod_init() called
mod_init() called
so three inits and 1 cleanup (after first startup) and NOT a final cleanup when server shutdowns.
>How-To-Repeat:
Alwais on Win32 machines (I tried also on a couple of other machines).
>Fix:
I'm looking around master_main() and service_main() under http_main.c... and code reflects
logs...