www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Eugene Crosser <cros...@online.ru>
Subject Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die after keepalive-timeout
Date Thu, 18 Jun 1998 12:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/1190; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eugene Crosser <crosser@online.ru>
To: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/1190: server processes in keepalive state do not die after keepalive-timeout
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:00:49 +0400 (MSD)

 Dean,

 > Hmm, we don't appear to have all the betas online.  Bleh.  Here's a few
 > suggestions.

 I've already found all needed betas at ftp://ftp.apache.org/httpd/dist/
 and downloaded them a minute ago.  When I have results, I'll post.

 > - If your ServerRoot is on NFS then you need to use the LockFile directive
 > to move the lock file.

 No it is not on the NFS.

 > - Try editing src/include/httpd.h, search for OPTIMIZE_TIMEOUTS, and
 > comment out that line, so that it is not defined.  Then recompile and see
 > if that helps any.

 I'll try it and tell you.

 > - You're not using any other options for compiling are you?  Are you using
 > gcc or solaris cc?

 I currently cannot compile "clean" server: I am using PHP3 and a few
 modules of my own, *but* 1.3b3 works well in *exactly same* configuration.
 I am using gcc (2.7.2.2 I think).

 (You know, the problem only reveals if there is a considerable traffic...
 And I cannot have production server without extra modules)

 I'll be back when I have more information.

 Eugene