www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From (Lars Eilebrecht) <l...@apache.org>
Subject Re: general/2441: entries in log files appear widely out of order, sometimes not at all
Date Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2441; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: (Lars Eilebrecht) <lars@apache.org>
To: (Apache GNATS) <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/2441: entries in log files appear widely out of order, sometimes
not at all
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:50:10 +0200 (CEST)

 According to Jay Richmond:

 >  I've downgraded to 1.2.6 to fix the problem (and it has worked, which
 >  leads me to believe it's a bug or change in 1.3.0), so I can't provide the
 >  output of httpd -v.  It's on a production server, so I can't go back to
 >  1.3.0.

 'httpd -V' (note the uppercase 'V') just lists all compile time flags.
 You do not need to regularly start Apache on your production server.

 >  I compiled it through the apache-1.3.0 port from FreeBSD, if you have a
 >  machine you can try and reproduce it on, this would be the way to do it.

 Please try to use the standard Apache distribution (you can
 fetch one from http://www.apache.org/dist/) and check if you still have
 that logfile problem or not.

 Regards...
 --