www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/2438: WebTV can't read Apache page (fwd)
Date Tue, 16 Jun 1998 06:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/2438; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Cc:  Subject: Re: general/2438: WebTV can't read Apache page (fwd)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:31:29 -0700 (PDT)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:20:15 -0700 (PDT)
 From: W Scott Murray <wscottmurray@yahoo.com>
 To: marcs@znep.com, pbugs@hyperreal.org
 Subject: Re: general/2438: WebTV can't read Apache page (fwd)

 > Are you sure it isn't just some thing used in the HTML on the page
 that
 > happens to be served by an Apache server?
 >
 > What error, exactly, was given to the user when they try?

 The html page was the test page setup by Red Hat Linux 5.0
 installation of Apache 1.2.4-4, so I don't think the problem is in the
 html. The WebTV user tried to email me the error but all I got was a
 link to the page. She said it said that WebTV could read the page but
 did not know what to do with it. Acting on the assumption that
 http://www.apache.org runs the Apache server, I had her access their
 home page and she had no problems. She did say that she has received
 that error before when trying to reach Apache servers. The suggests it
 might be a problem specific to 1.2.4-4 and not the latest version
 (which I assume the apache.org runs). As I said before, it sounds very
 much like the problem with AOL not liking headers reporting version
 1.2. Perhaps if someone from Apache could contact WebTV, the problem
 could be easily fixed.

 -Scott Murray <WScottMurray@yahoo.com>