www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Sam Kington <...@illuminated.co.uk>
Subject os-linux/2443: Won't compile past http_main.c due to mistaken __arm check in include/conf.h
Date Sun, 14 Jun 1998 21:30:02 GMT

>Number:         2443
>Category:       os-linux
>Synopsis:       Won't compile past http_main.c due to mistaken __arm check in include/conf.h
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Compile any modern Apache (I tried 1.2.6 and 1.3.0) on ARM Linux,
the port of Linux to Acorn RISC OS machines. It compiles fine until it gets
to http_main.c, and then complains about XtOffset. (Details not supplied
because I've found a fix, but available on request.)
>How-To-Repeat:
Compiling Apache seems to be enough, but I haven't tested it on any other
systems than my own (which is a fairly standard ARM Linux system, though).
>Fix:
Yes: removing the reference to __arm in include/conf.h, line 1042
(apache 1.3.0) makes Apache compile perfectly. __arm may be a throw-back to
either Risc iX (Acorn's old port of Unix) or RiscBSD, the port of FreeBSD to
Acorn machines. Certainly, replacing the check for __arm with a check for __arm
but not whatever the Linux flag is, would make it compile happily on ARM Linux
without breaking anything else.