www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jay Richmond <jayr...@sysc.com>
Subject general/2441: entries in log files appear widely out of order, sometimes not at all
Date Sun, 14 Jun 1998 16:18:47 GMT

>Number:         2441
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       entries in log files appear widely out of order, sometimes not at all
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I am getting some very weird logging problems in 1.3.0.  The problems were not present
in the beta versions, and I haven't changed my configuration since upgrading to 1.3.0.
This makes me suspect a software bug.

Basically, I start the httpd server and access it.  On the client-side everything
works fine, but the connection is not logged.  I try from other hosts, same thing.
What's really weird is that when I restart the server, I instantly see all the accesses
that I should have seen before, with the right time and date stamps.  Also,
sometimes accesses will appear hours later, and are out of chronological order.
I thought it might be a reverse DNS lookup problem, but the same thing occurs with
host name lookups turned off.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Sorry.