www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Alvaro Martinez Echevarria <alv...@lander.es>
Subject os-linux/2420: Regarding your bug report to Apache
Date Sat, 13 Jun 1998 16:10:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-linux/2420; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alvaro Martinez Echevarria <alvaro@lander.es>
To: Jay Brown <jaybrown@iex.net>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: os-linux/2420: Regarding your bug report to Apache
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 17:59:59 +0200 (CEST)

 On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Jay Brown wrote:

 > Alvaro,
 > Yes, "AuthDBMAuthoritative off" was in the access.conf file, and no
 > other "fall-through" was provided. I don't have this issue with 1.2.5,
 > though I did download 1.2.6, complied it, and the problem did reoccur. I
 > guess, my question is, if another fall-through was provided, what would
 > it be? And the question looming over my head "is this really a bug?". Or
 > should I go back and RTFM!!! Maybe I missed something.

 The problem is that in a certain authentication space there
 should be al least one authoritative auth method configured in.
 You can check the Apache FAQ, at this URL:

 http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#authauthoritative

 So I'm afraid this time the answer is RTFM ;-)

 > I want to thank you for your prompt response to my problem. You are one
 > of the things that make the Internet a great place to live.
 > Be Well!
 > Cheers,
 > Jay Brown

 Thank you for using Apache, and good luck.
 Regards.

 |   Alvaro Mart=EDnez Echevarr=EDa   |      LANDER SISTEMAS            |
 |        alvaro@lander.es        |      P=BA Castellana, 121         |
                                  |      Tel: +34-91-5562883        |
                                  |      Fax: +34-91-5563001        |