www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Jepson <bjep...@ids.net>
Subject mod_cgi/2429: Standard error from scripts is not making it into error.log
Date Fri, 12 Jun 1998 16:03:58 GMT

>Number:         2429
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Standard error from scripts is not making it into error.log
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious

In my CGI Perl scripts, the output of warn() does not make it into
the error.log file.  This was exhibit3ed under Apache 1.3.0 that I
built from source with the win32_mod_rewrite.patch applied.

Prior to installing 1.3.0, I was testing with 1.3b6. Under the
self-installing binary release of Apache 1.3b6, stderr is
correctly sent to error_log.  I have not tested this with the 1.3b7
release.
>How-To-Repeat:
Here is the script I am testing this with:

#! E:\PERL\5.00464\bin\MSWin32-x86\perl.exe
#

# Use the CGI module and import all standard functions.
#
use CGI qw(:standard);

# Print the HTTP header.
#
print header();

# Use the warn() function to display the error message.
#
warn "Error message!";

# Print a greeting.
#
print "<BR>Howdy, World!";
>Fix:
I am afraid that I can offer no suggestions. I did a diff of mod_cgi.c between
1.3.0 and 1.3b6, but the solution was not obvious to me.