www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andreas Jung <aj...@sz-sb.de>
Subject mod_log-any/2425: mod_log_config logs wrong IP address
Date Fri, 12 Jun 1998 08:40:43 GMT

>Number:         2425
>Category:       mod_log-any
>Synopsis:       mod_log_config logs wrong IP address
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We are running an Apache 1.3.0 with multiple IP-based vhosts. I noticed
that Apache logs wrong IP addresses. When I telnet from the console
to port 80 of one the vhosts IPs, Apache logs this IP in the logfile
instead of the "official" IP. I tried this with 3 vhosts and the
different vhosts logfiles contain their own IP as source request.

Bug or feature

Andreas Jung