www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Alvaro Martinez Echevarria <alv...@lander.es>
Subject mod_proxy/2422: your bug report to apache...
Date Fri, 12 Jun 1998 02:30:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_proxy/2422; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alvaro Martinez Echevarria <alvaro@lander.es>
To: Eric Raskin <ehr@listworks.com>
Cc:  Subject: mod_proxy/2422: your bug report to apache...
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 03:25:27 +0200 (CEST)

 Hi.
 I have done some research on your bug report to apache (with
 synopsis "ProxyPassReverse causes endless loop when Proxying "/"
 directory"). I have found out that probably you are trying to
 do reverse-proxying on a subdirectory of your internal server,
 and this causes a loop of redirections. As a temporary fix you
 can try to add a trailing slash your internal URLs:

 ProxyPass        / http://<internal server>.listworks.com/postoffice/
 ProxyPassReverse / http://<internal server>.listworks.com/postoffice/

 Anyway, we'll try to find a decent solution for this as soon as
 possible.
 Hope this helps.
 Regards.

 |   Alvaro Mart=EDnez Echevarr=EDa   |      LANDER SISTEMAS            |
 |        alvaro@lander.es        |      P=BA Castellana, 121         |
                                  |      Tel: +34-91-5562883        |
                                  |      Fax: +34-91-5563001        |