www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Albert Lunde <Albert-Lu...@nwu.edu>
Subject config/2421: problem specifying ndbm library for build ?with autoconfigure
Date Thu, 11 Jun 1998 20:22:12 GMT

>Number:         2421
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       problem specifying ndbm library for build ?with autoconfigure
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3.0
>Environment:
This is an HP 9000/831, with HP-UX 10.20, with most HP recommended patches
added as of late 97, and some critical patches added more recently. I've
got the HP ANSI C compiler installed.

% uname -a
HP-UX nuinfo B.10.20 A 9000/831 2009292602 two-user license
I'm trying to set up a configuration under the new auto-configuration
interface for Apache 1.3.0, similar to what I used for 1.2.6, and having
trouble getting it to accept what I'm putting in for the dbm library.

The script I'm running to do the configure looks like this:

- - -
#!/usr/bin/csh
# build apache 1.3 the way I like it
# /usr/local/apache exists but is not a production directory
# use this for early tests of this install approach

setenv OPTIM "+O2"
setenv CC "cc"
setenv LIBS "-lndbm"

/usr/bin/sh ./configure --verbose   \
   --enable-rule=PARANOID  \
   --enable-shared=max  \
   --runtimedir=logs \
   --logfiledir=logs \
   --sysconfdir=conf \
        --enable-module=status   \
   --enable-module=info    \
   --enable-module=rewrite \
   --enable-module=digest  \
   --enable-module=cern_meta  \
   --enable-module=expires    \
   --enable-module=headers    \
   --enable-module=setenvif

#
- - -

The output of that script looks like this:
- - -
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.0
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 + Rule SHARED_CORE=default
 + Rule STATUS=yes
 + Rule SOCKS4=no
 + Rule SOCKS5=no
 + Rule IRIXNIS=no
 + Rule IRIXN32=yes
 + Rule PARANOID=yes
 + Rule WANTHSREGEX=default
 + enabling mod_so for DSO support
 + Module env: yes [shared]
 + Module log_config: yes [shared]
 + Module log_agent: yes [shared]
 + Module log_referer: yes [shared]
 + Module mime_magic: yes [shared]
 + Module mime: yes [shared]
 + Module negotiation: yes [shared]
 + Module status: yes [shared]
 + Module info: yes [shared]
 + Module include: yes [shared]
 + Module autoindex: yes [shared]
 + Module dir: yes [shared]
 + Module cgi: yes [shared]
 + Module asis: yes [shared]
 + Module imap: yes [shared]
 + Module actions: yes [shared]
 + Module speling: yes [shared]
 + Module userdir: yes [shared]
 + Module proxy: yes [shared]
 + Module alias: yes [shared]
 + Module rewrite: yes [shared]
 + Module access: yes [shared]
 + Module auth: yes [shared]
 + Module auth_anon: yes [shared]
 + Module auth_dbm: yes [shared]
 + Module auth_db: yes [shared]
 + Module digest: yes [shared]
 + Module cern_meta: yes [shared]
 + Module expires: yes [shared]
 + Module headers: yes [shared]
 + Module usertrack: yes [shared]
 + Module example: yes [shared]
 + Module unique_id: yes [shared]
 + Module so: yes [static]
 + Module mmap_static: yes [shared]
 + Module setenvif: yes [shared]
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for HP-UX 10 platform
 + adding selected modules
    o status_module uses ConfigStart/End
>How-To-Repeat:
Try a build on HPUX 10.20 ?with the script I used.
>Fix:
Is there some way I can run the test program standalone
or in a more verbose mode so that I could tell how it
is failing to detect the ndbm library?
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

>>  if [ "$RULE_STATUS" = "yes" ]; then
>>  CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DSTATUS"
>>  fi
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
>>     . ./helpers/find-dbm-lib
>>     if [ "x$found_dbm" = "x1" ]; then
>>         echo "      enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite"
>>     else
>>         echo "      disabling DBM support for mod_rewrite"
>>         echo "      (perhaps you need to add -ldbm, -lndbm or -lgdbm to
EXTRA_LIBS)"
>>         CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP"
>>     fi
      disabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
      (perhaps you need to add -ldbm, -lndbm or -lgdbm to EXTRA_LIBS)
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
Creating Makefile in src/support
Creating Makefile in src/main
Creating Makefile in src/ap
Creating Makefile in src/regex
Creating Makefile in src/os/unix
Creating Makefile in src/modules/standard
- - -

A make with the Makefiles created works, but has -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP set.

Using -lndbm seemed to work on 1.2.6. Can you tell me what's wrong or
how to find why ./helpers/find-dbm-lib is failing?