www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Randy Weinstein <rw...@is7.NYU.EDU>
Subject config/2409: Inability to customize error 500
Date Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:57:57 GMT

>Number:         2409
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Inability to customize error 500
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This is strange, Using Apache 1.2.4 and I have in my .htaccess file, among
other things:

ErrorDocument 401 /Errors/AuthorizationRequired.html
ErrorDocument 403 /Errors/Forbidden.html
ErrorDocument 404 /Errors/FileNotFound.html
ErrorDocument 500 /Errors/InternalServer.html

The strange part is, 401,403,404 come up correct as the custom error
message, however 500 still comes up as the default!  I even tried stuff
like:

      ErrorDocument 500 "test

and that didn't work either!  Any ideas?
>How-To-Repeat:
ErrorDocument 500 "this doesn't work
>Fix:
Allow customizable 500 error messages.