www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ruud Senden <rsen...@students.cs.uu.nl>
Subject mod_proxy/2395: coredump if proxy-cache is disabled
Date Tue, 09 Jun 1998 20:39:22 GMT

>Number:         2395
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       coredump if proxy-cache is disabled
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
If any WWW-site is being accessed through the proxy, and 'CacheRoot' is
commented out (caching disabled), a coredump occurs (and the browser returns
a 'Document contains no data').

When caching is enabled ('CacheRoot' uncommented), the proxy seems to work
correctly (at least for the few sites I've tested).
Happens with (almost?) any site, including www.apache.org
>Fix:
I have no suggested way to fix this, only a workaround;
just uncomment 'CacheRoot', if you don't want any caching to
occur you can probably use 'CacheSize 0' or 'NoCache *'