www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From r...@cornell.edu (Ray Zimmerman)
Subject Re: mod_cgi/2127: Impossible to detect browser disconnect from CGI
Date Mon, 08 Jun 1998 14:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_cgi/2127; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: rz10@cornell.edu (Ray Zimmerman)
To: Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_cgi/2127: Impossible to detect browser disconnect from
 CGI
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:21:13 -0400

 Brian Behlendorf wrote:

 <snip>

 >The 75 seconds certainly is not anything in the Apache code; it could be
 >that Apache doesn't detect the disconnect from the client for 75 seconds
 >after you hit "stop" due to something in Solaris's TCP stack.

 <snip>

 Arrgg! I think I've verified that it is a Solaris problem. I tried an nph
 script with Apache 1.2.5 (which should give the CGI a direct connection to
 the client, right?) ... in this case, the CGI gets a SIGPIPE about 75
 seconds after the client disconnect.  Since Apache is not even in the loop
 at that point, if I understand correctly, it must be a bug in the Solaris
 TCP code ...

 Thanks to everyone who's helped me get this far ...
  Ray Zimmerman ::: e-mail: rz10@cornell.edu ::: 428-B Phillips Hall
                :::  phone: (607) 255-9645   ::: Cornell University
                :::    FAX: (607) 254-4565   ::: Ithaca, NY  14853