www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Reichert <reich...@numachi.com>
Subject documentation/2359: corrections needed in htdocs/manual/suexec.html
Date Fri, 05 Jun 1998 21:53:29 GMT

>Number:         2359
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       corrections needed in htdocs/manual/suexec.html
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
htdocs/manual/suexec.html advises:
   COMPILING THE SUEXEC WRAPPER
   You now need to compile the suEXEC wrapper. At the shell command
   prompt, type:  cc suexec.c -o suexec [ENTER]. This should create the
   suexec wrapper executable.

This neglects the include directories.  Try:
   cc suexec.c -o suexec -I../include -I../os/unix

htdocs/manual/suexec.html also advises:
   COMPILING APACHE FOR USE WITH SUEXEC
   By default, Apache is compiled to look for the suEXEC wrapper in the
   following location.

   From src/httpd.h

But the header file in question is really:
   src/include/httpd.h
>How-To-Repeat:
follow instructions as documented.
>Fix: