www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/2352: The limited number of VIRTUAL DOMAINS...
Date Thu, 04 Jun 1998 22:50:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_log-any/2352; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Manoj Kasichainula <manojk@raleigh.ibm.com>
To: mail4cw@cyberis.net, apbugs@hyperreal.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_log-any/2352: The limited number of VIRTUAL DOMAINS...
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 18:39:58 -0400

 On Thu, Jun 04, 1998 at 10:01:21PM -0000, Curtis Wood wrote:
 > I'm sure you already know about the limited number of virtual
 > domains avialiable to Apache because of the method behind the
 > logging... I'm not reporting a bug, just how I've gotten around this
 > delima...

 FYI, there are other ways of getting around this problem without extra
 code, such as using a single log file where each entry includes the
 name of the virtual host. This log can then be split up either by
 using a piped log or a log postprocessor.

 See http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#fdlim for more
 information.

 Hope this helps, and thanks for using Apache!

 --
 Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com