www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: general/1973: bind: Address family not supported by protocol family, httpd: could not bind to port 80
Date Thu, 04 Jun 1998 20:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/1973; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org>
To: Klaus Weber <kweber@chephren.germany.ncr.com>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/1973: bind: Address family not supported by protocol family, httpd: could
not bind to port 80
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 13:55:36 -0700 (PDT)

 On 2 Jun 1998, Klaus Weber wrote:

 >  The following fixes solved the problem on MPRAS.
 >  please note, it is actually not advisable to check for MPRAS, sinde GuessOS returns
i486-ncr-sysv4 on all NCR systems running under SVR4.

 I'd like to apply your patch, but I'm confused.  It seems that you're
 changing behaviour for all NCR SVR4 systems rather than just the MPRAS
 system that you say has the problem.  Maybe you could improve GuessOS to
 return more information if you need it to distinguish between different
 NCR systems?

 Or, does the problem exist in all NCR systems?

 Thanks
 Dean