www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Scott Webster Wood <sw...@richnet.net>
Subject mod_access/2345: can't figure out how to use 'deny' for specific hosts
Date Wed, 03 Jun 1998 16:13:26 GMT

>Number:         2345
>Category:       mod_access
>Synopsis:       can't figure out how to use 'deny' for specific hosts
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I am trying to deny 'POST' capability from anonymizer.com - an anonymous web proxy that is
open to anyone.  I can't seem to figure out the proper combination of mod_access directives
to make it work.
Here is my current .htaccess file:

AuthName BulletinBoardAnonDeny
AuthType Basic
ErrorDocument 403 http://www.richnet.net/wwwboard/anondeny.html
Satisfy all

<limit POST>
order deny,allow
deny from 209.75.196 .infonex.com .infonex.net .anonymizer.com
allow from all
</limit>
>How-To-Repeat:
try going to www.anonymizer.com - select their 'surf for free' and in the form fill-in field,
enter:
http://www.richnet.net/wwwboard
try posting something (it allows it just fine)
>Fix:
I have tried changing the order, and various combination on the deny command line.  Initially
I did not include the Satisfy line either